Before getting into all these hacks, I want to specify that I have a Holistic approach to everything that I do in life. No matter if it’s getting in shape, being more productive, learning more. Whatever it might be I will always consider all the pros and cons and trace the median line to where it’s best to be.
The TOP 10 PRODUCTIVITY HACKS below are all interlinked to improve one and another.
All of these are used to improve the core of productivity:
- Your Energy
- FLOW STATE (Also called “in the ZONE”)
Without these two components, you can’t be the most productive-self.
What is it to be in a flow state?
- You are completely focused on the task at hand;
- You forget about yourself, about others, about the world around you;
- You lose track of time;
- You feel happy and in control; and
- You become your most creative and productive self.
FREE TRAINING PROGRAM FOR DOWNLOAD
Supplements: The Bottom Line Book
I Change – My Full Regimen to Unlock My True Potential
Phase 1 & Phase 2
5 Tips to Skyrock your results!
HACK#1 GET A GOOD NIGHT OF SLEEP
I decided to start with the simplest hack because most of us want to cut out sleep to be more productive but this is highly counterproductive.
During your sleep, you are recovering from your daily activities. Sleeping is the period of time where you consolidate your memories, learned knowledge and much more.
- 11Sleep Hacks for Busy People: https://youtu.be/gr-hb3LVIFw
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker: https://amzn.to/2C1ZLiH
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson: https://amzn.to/2yh81Yo
- Oura Sleep Tracker: https://marcfitt.com/Oura Use “MarcFitt” to save $50
HACK#2 THE REAL TO DO LIST
My magic trick here is to write down physically my daily goals and re-revise my goal to make sure they are aligned with what I am striving to achieve.
Two Planning methods I use every day:
- Benjamin Franklin method
- SCRUM (AGILE)
- How Ben Franklin Structured his day: https://youtu.be/aBi8M3DehQ0
- Scrum by J.J. Sutherland: https://amzn.to/2pHwOkM
- Project Management tool: https://asana.com
Energy is in motion, it helps gain energy, become healthier, balances your hormones. Movement is the best anti-depressor and anti-stress. It’s literally the best magic pill out there. No matter how you move, it will be beneficial for you.
I think we all know that, so just do it.
- Daily workout: https://marcfitt.com/teamfitt
- Personal Training Program: https://marcfitt.com/training/
- Free Training: https://www.marcfitt.com/ichange/
HACK#4 TITLE YOUR WORK SESSIONS
I find it super powerful to call my productive session “Focus Session” because it helps me put my mind in the right mindset to focus on one single thing at the time, to enter a mission and embody my productive avatar.
We are all playing different characters from time to time, I decided to go this route to use this at my advantage and play the avatar of the disciplined go-getter during my “Focus Session”.
HACK#5 REMOVE ALL DISTRACTIONS
“If you can’t zone in, you won’t ever be the best human being you can possibly be” -Marc Fitt
The goal here is to trigger our FLOW State as much as possible. To do so, we have to remove all surrounding distractions.
- Turn OFF all notifications
- Put your phone upside down while working/studying
- The Headset I use”Bose QC 35″: https://amzn.to/2y6a16z
- DEEP WORK – Rules for focused successes in a distracted world by Cal Newport: https://amzn.to/2zWPZNk
- Getting Things Done by David Allen: https://amzn.to/2pDHn8k
- The One Thing by Jay Papasan: https://amzn.to/2Rzd9jJ
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman: https://amzn.to/2Rwe0RY
- Smarter, Faster Better by Charles Duhigg: https://amzn.to/2RvQRPL
HACK#6 ENGAGE IN DEEP FOCUS SESSION (MUSIC)
Music for me is everything. I really like to listen to music without any vocals to get in the zone, access the “flow state”. I don’t think there’s a better way to go about it then this type of music below.
My Favourite Google Music focus playlists:
- Left Brain, Right Beat: https://goo.gl/6iXs9C
- Electronic Focus: https://goo.gl/kHFNWw
- Ambient Focus: https://goo.gl/VzzYt6
My Favourite Spotify focus playlists:
- DEEP FOCUS: https://goo.gl/N6vS8f
- Peaceful Piano: https://goo.gl/NYqFtd
- Brain Food: https://goo.gl/3CK1fk
- Electronic Concentration: https://goo.gl/vNu6Hd
- Binaural Study Beats: https://goo.gl/oRYy1D
- Techno Bunker: https://goo.gl/kJZrXu
- Ultimate Epic Movies Scores: https://goo.gl/Y73xuL
- Transformer Soundtracks 1-5: https://goo.gl/Zxh4b2
HACK#7 CLEAN YOUR WORKSPACE (ZEN SPACE)
It’s important to work/live in a zen space to have your energy flow well in the needed direction. Eyesight distraction, while you work, will make you drift off your goals. I also use aromatherapy to optimize my energy. It includes products such as incent or essential oils in order to create a nice atmosphere.
- Frankincense Oil: https://amzn.to/2pFt4A5
- Essential Oil Diffuser: https://amzn.to/2E3HCnh
- Incent I like: https://amzn.to/2IGQHRr
HACK#8 SET DUE TIME TO YOUR GOALS
“Not having a due time is declaring death to your goal” – Marc Fitt
HACK#9 TAKE BREAKS TO RE-ENERGIZE YOURSELF
I take 20-minute break every 2-3 hours to optimize my nervous system and energy level while working.
I take this time to meditate, eat healthy food, make myself a green juice, jump on the rebounder, do a NAP or disconnect completely from anything I was doing.
Do anything that gives you energy and helps you optimize your nervous system.
HACK#10 BE OPEN-MINDED AND TRY THINGS
Be open-minded, try different things that work for you and create your Create your own rituals. In terms of stimulants, I really like the following:
- C4 from www.cellucor.com
- Yerba Mate
- Matcha Tea
Those are pretty much my go-to :)
It’s now time for you to enter a “Focus Session”!!
– Marc Fitt