So many times people undertake their fitness journey without fully taking into consideration their diet, even though diet is literally the most important part of the process.
Your diet makes or breaks your results, and very often people become frustrated with their lack of progress and end up giving up on their dream body — but they never took into consideration what they put into their mouth (remember the expression, “abs are made in the kitchen”?). While dietary needs change from person to person, there are some principles that can be applied to most people that will help maximize their results. In this article, we will discuss the top five foods you should include in your diet, not only to help you achieve the shape you want, but also to improve your overall health.
Top 5 to use
- Blueberries. This tiny little fruit is a superfood that is associated with a plethora of benefits. Blueberries contain extremely high levels of antioxidants, help reduce abdominal fat, lower triglycerides and cholesterol, improve memory function, and help reduce risk of some cancers — just to name a few.
- Avocados. Possibly one of the best sources of healthy fats (mono- and polyunsaturated), avocados are also known as a superfood. Their benefits also include soluble and insoluble fibre, they assist in lowering cholesterol, help protect against eye disease — oh, and they’re delicious too!
- Broccoli. Adding this vegetable to your diet will help fight off ulcers and even cancers. Its also source of calcium and potassium.
- Garlic. This awesome source of antioxidants can help prevent and treat your cold symptoms if you’re feeling under the weather. Garlic can also help reduce your fat stores which will help you lose weight. It’s also known to help improve cardiovascular health
- Water. The source of all life on this planet — of course its good for you! Many people do not drink enough water, but it is so important to include. Drinking water suppresses your appetite, helping with weight loss, and it can also assist in building muscle. Keeping hydrated can help you workout harder for a longer period of time before they feel fatigued. So drink up!
These five dietary items should be a quintessential part of your diet if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle and look better at the same time.
For more articles on nutrition, workouts and positive lifestyle changes to help you out to your fullest potential, keep posted to marcfitt.com!
If you need personal help with your training, just contact us and we will guide with the best option for you and your goals.